Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Preview Episode 3

title: The Brave May Not Live Long, but the Cautious Don't Live at All
CBS, 8:00 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, 2005
Episode #1103.

from the Survivor web site:
Smoldering heat forces some Survivors to cool off in the water, risking an encounter with crocodiles.

As a tribe attempts to rebuild their shelter, one member takes matters into their own hands and irritates the others.

Causing sleepless nights, an inconsiderate howler monkey drives one castaway crazy.

A termite-infested log becomes a delicacy for some castaways desperate for a change in their diet.

(What's a howler monkey look like? Howler Monkey at Wikipedia)

from Yahoo TV:
Some castaways ignore warnings and bathe in crocodile-infested waters; a howler monkey keeps one contestant awake; a termite-infested log becomes a delicacy to some of the islanders. (Sometimes the Yahoo description is different than the one on the Survivor web site.)

Predictions
Rumors and spoilers are hard to come by for this episode. The usual suspects are considered ripe for being voted off: Brianna, Lydia and Blake. Some people think the title means Gary will be gone since he's been cautious in his dealings with the others. Most people seem to think Amy and her injury is just a red herring. There's also very little information about the types of challenges and which tribes win them. However one challenge looks like it uses an ancient Mayan game similar to basketball.

Note: if any rumors or juicy bits of information turn up before Survivor airs, I'll update this post.

Survivor Fantasy
What is going on with CBS' Survivor Fantasy online game? This season it is less than perfect to say the least. I tried to join all of the tribes that invited me to play and I ended up in three: Survivor Slackers, Survivorholics Anonymous and Kindalikalaya. If you invited me to be in your tribe and I didn't join it's because of a glitch in the CBS system.

Anyway, last week I started Judd (20 points), Danni (20), Gary (0) and Brandon (20). I'll probably start these four again this week (if I change my mind I'll update this post).

Has anyone tried playing at Fantasy Survivor ? Is it any good?