Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Winner Quotes

Winner Quotes
There is a belief held by many Survivor fans that in the first episode of a season Mark Brunett, the producer, intentionally puts in a quote as a hint to who the eventual winner will be.

This Season's Candidates
(from Survivor Fire, my rating in parenthesis - higher is better)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBobby Jon: "Its not often I get a chance at a million dollars twice" and "now that I am back in the game, I feel a million dollars."


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usJamie (6.25) "Like all the girls are crying on Stephenie because that's their hero. I didn't shed a tear myself. It was like I may win a million dollars but she is here."



Image Hosted by ImageShack.usCindy (8.00) "We just want to get them off our tails. It's just like moving Seabiscuit. When you see your competition and it ticks in. I was just like; I thought I couldn't put one foot on the front. I was like running down the trail to the mud."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBrooke (7.00) "I am doing good. I am surprised I felt alright after 11 miles." and "Women have the endurance to last 40 days."



Image Hosted by ImageShack.usJudd (7.75) "I puked and I got up and I do what I have to do, man!"



Image Hosted by ImageShack.usRafe (6.00) "The Leaders always go first" CUT TO: Gary Hodgeboom (7.00)





My Take
If Bobby Jon (or Stephenie) wins the million dollars then this is a real stupid bunch. He may last until the merge, but once it becomes individual immunity he should become a prime target. The Rafe quote is cited as evidence that Gary wins, but taken out of context it could mean Rafe wins. Of the remaining quotes, Cindy's is most credible. She's a zoo keeper and the race horse analogy is especially appropiate.